Monday, November 15, 2010

Tribute To Marie

The beauty of having your own blog, is the fact that you can write whatever you want. This post is an example of that. The purpose of my blog is to document my adventures with butchering and all things that are meat, hopefully helping others learn from my experiences. I will take a detour with this post and thank a very special person, Marie. This young women from France showed up at our home through the World Wide Organic Farmers Organization. Marie is on a year long journey around the word, spending some of her time working on peoples farms. She showed up at ours and we were better people after Maries three week stay. Marie is a computer whiz, creating and motivating me to start this blog. She also is one of the most creative people behind a camera. You will notice the quality of all the pictures on my blog up until this post entry. Marie departed our home today. She will be missed more then she will ever know. During her time with us, she participated in sheep slaughtering, sheep butchering and meat wrapping, chicken processing, cleaning chicken and rabbit coops. Those are all dirty and nasty jobs. Marie did each and every one of them with a smile and a commitment to perfection. I am a better person for having worked along side her and being able to get to know her. So Marie, wherever you are...thanks for the blog, wonderful pictures and improving our families life!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you
    You will miss you too
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dépêche toi ! Dépêche toi !
    I'm correcting, I'll miss you, too.
    Thank you Matt, for all you learn me for this three last weeks.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog. I have goats that I am slaughtering now and this information was quite helpful. If you get motivated again, the issue of historic butchering is one that myself and probably a lot of others are very interested in learning about.

    ReplyDelete